Sunday, December 2, 2007

To Page 17

Wow! This is very interesting and definitely will take some time to get used to! I struggled with the language at first, but I think that I'm getting used to it. So, Celie is the main character who is writing the letters to God. I was also confused about who was abusing her. I looked up a summary and it said that it was her father. If this is true, it is really sad. I find it hard to believe that Celie is a teenager and is having her second child. I feel sorry for her. The men treat her really badly and as though she is a "left-over". Also, I find that Mr. ______ is somewhat mysterious. There has to be some reason for the author to call him Mr. ______. I definitely agree that Nettie and Celie are going to reunite to help each other run away.

--leah

No comments: