Saturday, December 1, 2007

To page 17

This book is going to take some time to get used to. The language is somewhat of an uneducated English, I guess you could say. However, so far it seems that the main character Celie is living with her mom and dad but her mom dies. The guy who is living with them I'm not really sure who he is, maybe her mom's boyfriend? But if that's so, then who is pa? That is what confuses me. But the guy living there rapes her and abuses her. She has had two children and she actually sees one when she is in town. Now Celie is married to Mr. ____ even though he wanted Nettie. When the guys describe her I feel so bad for Celie. They say, oh she's short and fat and not much to look at but she can work like a man. I would be so mad if someone described me like that. When I finished reading she is with him and they were just in town. I have a feeling that Celie and Nettie will soon be reunited more because I know they want to run away soon. Who knows where they will run to though.



--beth

No comments: