Wednesday, December 19, 2007

To page 147

These letters have been going on for a really long time. I wonder how long Nettie has been sending them. How many are there? Anyway, I am really happy that Nettie is finally enjoying herself. She is seeing that the world really isn't all about being abused and judged. Her time in Africa seems really exciting, and I hope that everything goes well with her return. On the other hand, Celie just wants to literally kill Albert for hiding these letters from her. She doesn't even like him in the first place, so not she absolutely hates his guts. I am also glad that she has Shug to talk to because if she didn't, I'm sure Albert would be dead. What would Celie do if she had no one to talk to? How would she deal with all of these hard feelings? Shug has really reached out and protected Celie. The pants do sound quite interesting. We will see how they turn out.

Let's cross our fingers for some exhilarating action!

--Leah

No comments: