Wednesday, December 12, 2007

To page 103

I guess my prediction was kind of right. I thought that it would only be Celie and Harpo trying to get Sofia out of jail because I thought that they were the only ones that cared for her. I am really surprised that Mr. _______ and Squeak wanted to help, especially Squeak. Why would you want to help someone that knocked out two of your teeth? I was also really confused about their plan to get her out of jail. So they were telling the warden that Sofia's punishment is not harsh enough? And why are they giving him the suggestion to have her a servant for a white person? I thought that they were trying to help her!? I don't know how they found out that the warden was Squeaks uncle. Obviously he didn't know or was just denying it. Squeak sounded like she was in really bad shape. On page 97, Celie says that Squeak came home limping with a ripped dress and a missing heel. I feel bad for her because she was just trying to help someone that I don't think she was so fond of. I wonder why Squeak started to sing? It seemed really out of the blue. Her song on page 101 was very interesting point. A color shouldn't play a part in the way we are treated. Yellow is the same as black, and the color of someone's skin shouldn't matter. On a different note, I thought that Sofia got out of jail. On page 202, Celie is talking to her and actually gets a giggle out of her. Celie says that that is the first giggle she heard for Sofia in three years. This leads me to believe that Sofia has a new outlook on life. Maybe (hopefully) Sofia and Harpo will get back together.

-leah

No comments: