Tuesday, January 1, 2008

finishing the book

Tashi and Adam return back to the village. I saw this coming, but they finally get married. It is time for Nettie, Sam, Adam, and Olivia to return back to the United States. Adam tries to talk Tashi into coming back with them but Tashi is afraid that Adam might leave her and then she'll have nobody to go with in the United States. However Adam convinces her that her idea would never happen and they'll be together forever.
Back with Celie, Sofia starts to help out in the pants store. I think this is good for her to get out of the house and do something different. Then Eleanor comes and helps Sofia around the house and making Henrietta food.
Page 291 is a really important page. First you can see that Shug is chaning. She has returned and she is now wanting to settle down and slowly leave the singing industry. I think it shows her maturing. Also on this page we find out the Nettie has returned home. Celie is so happy and excited, and even I'm happy and excited because I was afraid that they would never meet again.
On page 293 you can see Mary Agnes changing too, she I think as well as Shug is beginning to mature. She left Grady and came back to take care of Suzie Q. She realized that marijuanna was not a good influence on her and she couldn't think. This will be good for her career because she will be able to focus.
Everything has really come to an end and all the loose ends have been tied. I like that about the book because I hate wondering, what happened, or... I can't really explain it but I don't feel somewhat at peace without knowing that everyone in the book has come to an end as well as the book.





--BethAnn
Happy New Years Leah!

No comments: