Saturday, January 5, 2008

Finishing the Book! Yay!

I am so happy that Adam and Tashi have returned. Adam tells about the rift that he saw and how he was so amazed by this. I think that this was a very big part in opening up Adam's eyes to what the world has in store for him. He only really knows America and the Olinka village, so seeing such a great natural wonder has really given him hope for the future. I am really surprised that Tashi refused to marry Adam, but at the same time, I can't blame her. She really loves him, but it would be hard for her to live the the American society. Despite this, they got married!

Celie got a letter from Shug, which shows that she really cares about Celie. Her and Germaine didn't work out, so Shug is deciding to settle down and give up singing. I think that her experience with Germaine has showed her that she cannot keep up with the young crow anymore, and that it is time for her to slow down.

Along Celie and Mr. __________'s relationship being revived, Sofia and Harpo now have gained some respect back for each other. They seem really friendly, and they often hang out. They know that they will never be the same, but they enjoy each other's company.

Celie goes on and asks herself some important life questions. She has now matured and is trying to get a bigger meaning out of life. She says that the goal is "to wonder" (page 288). We all have to just sit back and wonder why things are the way they are, and then just accept it.

It was so important to Celie that Shug and Nettie returned. She now has her security blanket (Shug) and her sister with her. It was her dream to see Nettie again, and her wish was granted. I think that this showed her that waiting, praying, and being hopeful will ultimately get you what you want.

I really liked the last sentence of the book. "Matter of fact, I think this the youngest us ever felt" (page 294). I think now that most of her worries are gone. Mr. _________ now respects her, Shug came home, and best of all, she got her sister back. I think that now she knows that she can live her life to it's fullest. She missed so many years of her life that she now feels like she is young and ready to take on life with a new attitude.

I also think that my attitude changed. I ended up liking the book. I think that the message was very strong and that it was good to be exposed to someone's life which is so different from my own.


--Leah

Done!!!! :)

No comments: